Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend!

Sorry for the hiatus. The Austin PR awards are Thursday, and yours truly is working on the “onsite voting.” That means I’m organizing a whole bunch of mundane stuff like ballots and ballot boxes. But it’s keeping me busy. Too busy to blog, apparently.

Friday we had dinner with some friends we haven’t seen in a long time. It was great to sit and talk with them about music, vacations and life in general. They got us interested in the Discovery Channel’s “Planet Earth.” There was a marathon on Sunday, so we watched four episodes.

This weekend, Ryan and I went to a popular South Congress restaurant for the first time, Enoteca Vespaio. Enoteca is a casual café attached to a hip, expensive-er restaurant, Vespaio. The food was lovely! We split a cheese plate, bottle of delicious vino, salad and pizza. I recommend this place to all Austin residents and visitors.

On the other end of the food spectrum: Some friends of ours have decided we want to start a “buffet club.” That’s right – Friday nights, we hit the cheesy, cheap, chain buffets. This is going to be HILARIOUS. I’m charged with organizing “Golden Corral” night. That will give me blog material!

4 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Bring on the heartburn!

Good morning, pretty wife.

I hope you have a good day.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Ellie said...

You have a sweet husband. :-)

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love Planet Earth! I saw it on Oprah a few weeks ago and ordered up a season's pass on Tivo. I mean, if it's good enough for Oprah, it's good enough for me. Did you catch shallow oceans? Very good. The Poles one was good too.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Suz said...

I love that series. The ocean ones are my favorite:) I missed the two new episodes that were debuting yesterday though:(
Wes, Oprah plugged the series again on Friday and had a whole 'going green' episode. Pretty good!

Hil, I'll let Joe & Emily know about the Enoteca restaurant so they can try it out. Bill's visiting them next week so maybe they can go to dinner there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home