Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sunday School - 1st and 2nd Grade!

This morning, I taught Sunday School to 1st and 2nd graders. My lesson was to teach the “story of the cross.” I was a little nervous because I knew it would be hard to answer questions like this:
“Miss Hilary! Why did they kill the nice man?”
“Miss Hilary! Wouldn’t it hurt to be up there on the cross like that?”
“Miss Hilary! That’s gross!”


The kids were surprisingly not focused on the gory details. Instead, they argued over who received the most money in their Easter eggs and who had already lost more teeth. Here are some funny quotes from this morning:

“Instead of learning about Good Friday may I make a paper airplane?”

“Jesus will never grow old and die because he is alive all the time up in the clouds.”

“You got one dollar in your Easter eggs? In my Easter egg I got candy and cash. One dollar and 48 cents.”

“I can draw Easter things very easily because I have been doing cursive like all year.”

“My little brother really, really can’t write. He’s three."

“Did the disciples get drunk on bread and wine? I am pretty sure they did. Yeah, I think they got drunk.”

“Where did Judas kiss Jesus? That’s weird.”

I’m glad the kids at my church are so open with their Sunday School teachers and each other. (?) Next week: 4 year olds. I’ll share more quotes.

3 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger Ellie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Ellie said...

"Miss Hilary!! I have to go to the bathroom and I can't get these off..." (Oh, Emma!)

"Miss Hilary!! I don't wanna be a police officer, I'm a princess!"

"Miss Hilary!! Boys have a penis, girls have a vagina."

Courtesy of 'Kindergarten Cop'

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Ellie said...

I had to remove that first comment because I got frisky with my keyboard and misspelled one of the "Hilary!"'s!! How embarrassing!

I need to lay off the caffiene this morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home