Thursday, April 05, 2007

Remembrance!

Today is Maundy Thursday, the day we remember the Last Supper.
Holy Communion services are taking place all over the world. These church services commence in the evening, and some churches will even have feet-washing ceremonies to commemorate Jesus washing the Apostles’ feet. Although I am involved in church activities, I will not be washing anyone’s feet this evening. :)

My favorite hymn, In Remembrance of Me, shares what Holy Communion and Christ's teachings mean in our lives today.

In remembrance of Me eat this bread


In remembrance of Me drink this wine


In remembrance of Me pray for the time


When God's own will is done


In remembrance of me heal the sick


In remembrance of me feed the poor


In remembrance of me open the door


And let your brother in, let him in


Take eat and be comforted


Drink and remember too


That this is my body and precious blood


Shed for you, shed for you


In remembrance of me always love


In remembrance of me don't look above


But in your heart, in your heart


Look in your heart for God


Do this in remembrance of Me


Do this in remembrance of Me


In remembrance of Me


Have a reverent, thoughtful Maundy Thursday.

1 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger Ellie said...

Happy Easter, Hil! And good luck teaching on Sunday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home