Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Hil Street Before and After!



Who says you have to be on TV to have an extreme home makeover?

Monday night, Ryan and Mike picked up a Bur Oak and planted it in our front yard, thus bringing Ryan's year-and-a-half front yard makeover dangerously close to completion!

Can you believe the crazy crepe myrtle jungle we purchased is the same lawn we have today?

Our Sago Palm’s name is Harriet (after my mother, who rescued it from certain death). The new tree is named “Gene” after my father because he is also tall, slender and can be purchased at a local nursery for a reasonable price. No, no … just the tall and slender theme. And the naming plants after Hilary’s parents theme.

I love the new tree. Thanks Ryan and Mike!

7 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Wow and wow. I did the work, and I can't believe it. Why did we ever buy our house?

Perfect choice of pictures, though.

On to the backyard!!!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! So impressive you two! I once had to uproot a juniper and it was the hardest most labor intensive thing I've ever done. It looks great!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

That's one heck of a makeover -- I couldn't believe that they were the same house! GREAT JOB! The yard looks really, really pretty.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Ryan, you may have a career in Lawnscape Design! It's almost as dramatic as the metallic wallpaper makeover in the bathroom...

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with Ellie - so hard to believe that's the same house! Looks great guys!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger hoolia goolia said...

Wow, that's really impressive. I'd forgotten how large the crepe-myrtles-of-death were!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Sammers said...

I am now truly intimidated by Ryan's manliness. I was faking it before, but now I mean it. That's amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home