Monday, March 26, 2007

Roughin' it!

I wanted to find a way to celebrate the press tour finale. The end of constant phone calls, pressing deadlines and running around in the snow. So I asked myself …"What is the opposite of corporate America?”

THE WOODS!

Ryan and I are going camping this weekend!

We’ll be out in the wilderness of Central Texas. I wonder if we should camp out in our backyard Thursday night to practice?

At Red Rock Girl Scout Camp (16 years ago) I was honored with a white feather. The white feather is a credential earned after tent camping for one weekend and preparing meals in the woods. You could pin the feather to your shoulder as a badge of honor. I often reference my white feather and tell Ryan I am some sort of certified expert when it comes to camping.

I haven’t been camping since that certifiable weekend, and Ryan and I have never been camping together, so this should be interesting. Will Ryan get annoyed with my nature questions? Probably. Is it going to be funny? Definitely.

4 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

If you'd like, I can try to find my old journal of tree leaves from that park in Edmond...I'm totally blanking on the name of it!!! It might be of interesting reference to you as you explore the great outdoors! Have a great time this weekend and enjoy the peace and quiet! Make like Adam and Eve and wear nothing by leaves! If all else fails, just pretend to be a Homeless Archer and see what happens. :-p

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Suz said...

You could camp Pac NW style...which just means with a lot of beers.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun in the great outdoors!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're hiking in? Wow, quite impressive since you haven't been since childhood. Just bring plenty to drink and s'more's making stuff. Anything after that will just be details.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home