Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Stewart/Colbert!

I plan to vote for the Stewart/Colbert ticket in '08 for a funnier America! (Based on my voting choices, obviously, the Hil Street Journal is not a political forum ... but I have to share what NEWSWEEK Magazine is doing)

In an ongoing series, NEWSWEEK publishes letters and e-mails from fallen U.S. troops in Iraq to loved ones and friends back home. They share unedited letters provided by families of the deceased.

As a person living in the US, I do not feel like we are a country at war. We still have Super Bowls, the Oscars, running water, AC, electricity, blogs, reality TV, etc. Reading these letters brings the war (emotionally at least) a little closer to home.

Pray that our troops come home soon.

5 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Ellie said...

Great, great article and really good post, Hil.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Thanks Hilary...I'm going to pass this on to my staff when I return to the office. I try to share these kinds of articles so we can remember our mission...'to care for those who have borne the battle.'

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Ellie said...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17995522/site/newsweek/

That's from this week's issue -- Letters to the Editor from the letters you linked to, Hil.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Suz said...

PS Found out last night my cousin's husband is going to Iraq (he's with the FBI)...we hope he comes home quickly and his tour is UNEVENTFUL.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger A Spirited Mom said...

Thanks for sharing that link, Ellie. Suz - I'll be thinking of your family member.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home