Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Military Hilary!







Last week, our office went on a Field Trip! Man, field trips are more exciting as an adult. We spent the day outside with no work, there was beer on the bus and I could take my cell phone. Cool.

We went to Fort Hood, (a director at our company's brother is a Col) watched artillery practice (tanks were so close!) and then ate MREs (I had imitation pork rib with clam chowder). I got to climb into a tank.

It was neat to talk to the soldiers in training. They are all very proud of their work. Made me think of the Fort Hood soldiers in Iraq now (like Cousin Luc).

Anyway – I’m glad I got my survival skills in order, because guess what … the camping trip is back on. Goodness. June 9th my white feather better shine. Over Memorial Day Ryan and I slept on the floor of his aunt’s house and I was having trouble. This will be interesting …

4 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

I am glad my camping training did not fall on deaf ears (or at least deaf tail bones and hip bones).

E-rock is gonna blow your mind, man!

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Ellie said...

You look hot in camo!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's so awesome! We get to go fun places like conferences about books!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Conferences about books are even more exciting than conferences about government cost accounting.

And military field trips blow cost accounting out of the water ... pun intended!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home