Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My first sermon!

Today, I gave the sermon at our church’s Wednesday noon service. This was the first time I ever have given a sermon to adults (not youth camp) and boy was I nervous! I wore flats so that my knees wouldn’t shake. Luckily, I started out with a joke so the laughter made everything less serious. :)

I talked about my aunt and uncle’s miraculous pilgrimage from Canada to Mexico City to visit the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Now that the sermon is complete, I can focus on other things, like my parents visit! They are driving to Texas tomorrow! Hurray!

2 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could not be more proud of you. Not only are you smoke'n hot, you can preach. What more could a Husbanks want?

-Husbanks

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Congrats Hilary...and have fun with your parents!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home