Thursday, September 27, 2007

Warning - angry, jealous rant!

There is a non-profit group in Austin that provides medical benefits to musicians. I got an e-mail from the WFM about a benefit for them. Ug! I think there are more worthy charities. Here is a quote from a news clip about this organization:

"I love being a musician in Austin, because I get medical benefits. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this organization."

You don't know what you would do? How about getting a job like the rest of us have to! I'd love to be a musician or religious philosopher for the rest of my life - but I HAD TO GROW UP and work. I have to WORK HARD to understand the products I promote. Engineering is not my hobby ... making music, stamping and reading are my hobbies.

I DO NOT SUPPORT YOUR CAUSE ENOUGH TO ACTIVELY GIVE YOU MONEY, YOU WHINY BRATS.

WFM, call me when you really have an actual charity to support. We are at war, people!

Love,
Hil

4 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!
I'd love to quit my job and start a Kitten Petting Farm and then have other people donate money to pay my insurance.

ellie

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger A Spirited Mom said...

Ellie - don't you want to quit to start the distillery?

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ellary Distillery? I'm on it. We took the bourbon-making tour, I live in KY, you do PR, I do marketing, we both like to drink (rum and cokes, Hil?)...This sounds like a killer plan.
The Kitten Petting Farm will be my safety net.

ellie

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Deirdre Walsh said...

i want to get paid to make mix tapes. not cds..those are too easy. tapes are all about the timing. will you pay for my tummy tuck if i make you a summer of love 1991 tape?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home