Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I am dating a college student!


Let’s take a trip to the old days when Ryan was sassy and I was sassier. My husband is a college student! Ryan is taking classes at night!

Ryan is taking the core curriculum for a computer science degree because he is interested in HR information systems - an emerging Human Resources field.

Through a local university out of San Marcos, TX (Texas State), Ryan will take computer science and programming classes at night to meld his HR knowledge with computer expertise and become a superHuman Resources Information Systems professional. I wonder if he will learn LabVIEW?

The group picture here was taken when Ryan (middle) and I (far right) were in a music group in college (we were not yet dating). This picture was taken when our tour bus wrecked after a gig in Longview, TX (That's for you, Leslie).

Our bus attempted to go under a low bridge and got stuck (none of Ryan’s drums were harmed). You can kind of see the stuck bus in the background. At the time this picture was taken, we had all been sitting by the side of the road for hours and we are a little delirious. I know we were all told to make “jazz hands,” but I don’t remember much else. Wait – I do remember that someone in town brought us TCBY and that Ryan was very nice to a homeless woman. I digress …

Congrats, Ryan! And welcome back to college! I hope we make out on the sly and make late night fast food trips like the old days! TACO C! Woo!

7 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Blogger Amanda and Mike said...

This is Mike - I would like to predict that Ryan will significantly advance the field of computer science by displaying and researching the spectrum of applications that Excel can/will be used for! Congrats Ryan - I wish you well on your journey to enlightenment!

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Thanks, guys. I hope all goes well! Computers, man!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Go Ryan!
You will soon leave my VBA skillz in the dust:)

Sounds like an interesting profession!!!!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Suz said...

PS I have also recently been considering reliving my college days to add...wait for it...human resources skills to my own arsenal! Thinking about labor/employement law...then I will be more resistant against the forces of unions!

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Deirdre Walsh said...

is ryan wearing lipstick in that picture or is a kool-aid stain? congrats, friend!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Becky, Phil and Hayden said...

Wow...memories. I need to get that picture! I think I used to have one but who knows where it went.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

DJD, don't be hate'n on my ruby-red lips!

I'm just as God made me, ma'am.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home