Tuesday, May 08, 2007

On the road again!

This post is in honor of my car, Madeline. On our way back from Oklahoma this weekend, she hit 100,000 miles!

Madeline is a 2001 Silver Volvo. I have had her since August 2002.

Madeline was with me for the end of my college career, the beginning of my real career and has taken me several places. She has been on I-35 more often than some truckers have!
She has gone from Edmond, Okla. to Waco several times, Waco to Lubbock, Edmond, Okla. to Austin, Austin to Little Rock, Austin to Tulsa, Waco to Santa Fe …

She is a true traveler of the heartland and great southwest. Congratulations on hitting this milestone, Madeline!

4 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

I salute you, Madeline! You have been a good car, and you have kept Hil very safe. I raise a glass to you and your headlight windshield wipers: May God grant you smooth roads, toll tags and high-quality gasoline.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Ellie said...

Is she named Madeline for the reason I am thinking of, Hil?

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger A Spirited Mom said...

Ellie - you are correct. Hanson lives on!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

Awesome!! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home