Thursday, April 26, 2007

Field Day!

Friday, our team at work participated in United Way’s “Day of Caring.” We left the office for a day and staffed a local elementary school’s field day. It was fun to get out of the office and spend the day at the park! Morgan, Trisha and I staffed the tug-of-war station. (It was definitely a three person job.) Through Ryan’s work, he mentors a kindergartener.

Coincidentally, the boy Ryan mentors was at the school we volunteered with on Friday! Ryan has a picture of them together, so I studied the picture and went to field day ready to meet him.

Morgan and I found him right off the bat (the kid was wearing the same shirt on Friday that he was wearing in the picture Ryan has). Morgan and I took far-away stalker-like pics (shown here) and then I introduced myself. He really was not interested in meeting the weird lady who knew his name.

All in all – field day was a blast! Kids have so much energy. I was exhausted that night and slept very soundly.

Morgan and Hil



Stalker Pic


"Who is this weird lady approaching me" pic


Hil pic


Water baloon station and volleyball pic


Tug of war

5 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Nice pics.

I wish I could have a field day :(

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

I love the bandana in the hair! I'm totally going to steal your style.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Morgan said...

The best part was when the 60lb 3rd grader challenged the (probably) 200lb 5th grader to tug-of-war. This was no hero story...the little one lost.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Deirdre Walsh said...

Is that Julia or a really tall 4th-grader?!?

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger A Spirited Mom said...

That's Julia - she had the busiest station ... water baloons!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home