Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Running Mix for the Ladies!


Through careful orchestration and listening to my heart, I have created a great running mix if any of you ladies are interested in trying out. My mix contains a good balance between angry female vocalists and upbeat dance mixes. Depending on how fast you run, my mix can probably get you through 3-4 miles. You can flip around to your favorites for shorter runs. Thanks Ryan, for sponsoring this running mix by providing the iPod.


1. Sublime, Santaria: This upbeat summery song is a great one to motivate you to start out your run on a happy note. The song reminds me of driving to Sonic with Ellie circa sophmore year laughing when we figured out they bleeped out “punk ass.”

2. Destiny’s Child, Survivor: I forget about the fact I am running because I still crack up everytime Beyonce sings “you know I’m not gonna dis you on the internet …”

Stay classy, Knowles.

3. Christina Aguilera, Fighter: Continuing in the angry theme, everytime they have that drumbeat-whip noise I run a little faster.

4. Carrie Underwood, Before He Cheats: Closing out the angry woman trifecta, this song keeps me going because it keeps you at a good pace. I also like to imagine little Carrie Underwood bashing in a car. And I must admit, I like daydreaming that I am singing the song at a Karoke bar.

5. Chamillionaire, Ridin’ Dirty: Lil’ tooth needs it.

Although I must warn you! If you download the he entire song (not the radio version) it ends with a radio play of Chamillionaire wrecking the car they are alllegidly “ridin’ dirty” in. This radio play starts with screeching wheels. If you are running outside remember: a semi is not coming after you – it’s the song. Without this warning I almost peed my pants!

6. Shakira, Hips Don’t Lie: Who knew that a Latin horn ensemble is just what the doctor ordered to help you make it to the home stretch?

7. Britney Spears, Toxic: This is a good one to end with because it will take your mind off of your aching legs and exploding lungs and move your mind to Britney’s domestic troubles and other celebrity gossip.

8. The Beatles, Hey Jude: Cool down! The horns and repeating “na, na, na”s will make you feel triumphant in your workout!

9. Nico, These Days: Her deep, deep voice and the steady cello accompaniment will calm you down.

10. Jack Johnson, Upside Down: The chill guitar beats can soothe even the highest heartrate.
Happy running!

3 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger A Spirited Mom said...

If you need music to study to, check out Julia's study mix: http://julitasramblings.blogspot.com/2007/09/sharing-music-love.html

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep your mixes and playlists coming! I love to see what everyone has downloaded on their iPod.
I would've thought you'd have shown the 3 brothers from Tulsa some love...MmmBop or Madeline???

Ellie

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Mmmm Bop! Classic. It'll never get old

 

Post a Comment

<< Home