Sunday, July 15, 2007

"Hil Street Web Favorites" Review 2!

Today I want to share my favorite website with you, Google. Google is great! Here is how it works: you type what you are looking for …

Ha ha … you didn’t think I would review Google, did you? I know you know all about Google.

I am going to review the site Weslie and I are gaga over … iGoogle. Imagine opening your computer to your perfect website. A website with little windows looking into your favorite pieces of the internet.

HIL’S iGOOGLE FRONT PAGE:

Column 1 (left):
NATI and WFMI stock tickers
Austin weather and my family’s Oklahoma City weather
Search field for Wikipedia and dictionary.com.

Column 2 (Middle):
My del.icio.us bookmarks
CNN.com World top stories
CNN.com US stories
GoogleNews top stories.
Moving on …

Column 3 (left):
Twitter feed
Link to my Google Reader Labs (RSS feed for all my favorite online publications, publications I monitor for Work, and Sam and Julia’s blogs).

Then I have a “fun” tab and a “travel” tab for all the low cost airfare tickers and RSS feeds to interesting travel articles.

And my personalized scene is “city scape” which shows a city with the same weather as my city.

Make your homepage your own by making it iGoogle!

8 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger A Spirited Mom said...

Totally unrelated: We had a substitute Yoga instructor today who looked EXACTLY like Suz! Joe ... do you have some other sister here in Austin?

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Deirdre Walsh said...

Check out this Business Week article called Living in a Widgetized World. Then, post your thoughts on my NI blog, Hil!!

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_30/b4043075.htm?campaign_id=rss_tech

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hil, hope your day is going well.

I miss you.

Myenlargedbangs

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Suz said...

I have left the corporate life to move to Austin, teach yoga and commune with nature!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I actually get excited to check my iGoogle first thing every morning (and the Amazon deal of the day.) Maybe I should quit the corporate world to teach yoga in Austin.

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We should all quit work and teach Yoga in Austin. It sounds like we already have a full rotation of teachers.

Alright, who knows anything about Yoga?

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Suz said...

I know we need incense.

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. Oh. And a Whale Songs CD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home