Tuesday, July 10, 2007

“Hil Street Web Favorites” summer series!

This summer, I am going to share my favorite websites and e-newsletters with you, dear blog reader. Yes, I will selfishly review TwoBluePeas.com (providing unique baby gifts, designer baby clothes and cool baby blankets) before this summer series is over – you better believe it!

This week, I want to highlight Gmaps Pedometer. I think this is a “mashup?” (Deirdre, please clarify). This is a big google map that allows you to plot your course on any neighborhood street. I use it to see how far I run. I used to just drive the course with my car and use my cars’ odometer to figure out mileage. “So if my car was at 101388 when I left my house and now it’s at 101390 …”

You type in the address where you start running and plot your course. The Original Milwood has so many twists and turns – I have endless possibilities!

In related news – the blogosphere has more company … Bill and Suz started a blog about their hiking adventures. Check it out!

5 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Thanks for the shout out Hil!
Can't wait to see what other favorite sites you'll reveal! Love the Gmap pedometer:)

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

I just clocked how far it is from my heart to yours, and it came back as..."two steps foward, two steps back. We come together, cuz opposites attract..."

Wow, even I didn't see that one coming.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger A Spirited Mom said...

Ryan - that is hilarious. That comment is funny on its own ... but even cooler because that was my first CD.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Hey Hil!
Just saw this...now it's even easier to create your OWN google maps mashups... You could even create one mapping the buffets the UBC visits (WITH pics)!

http://svextra.com/blogs/gmsv/2007/07/it_was_kismet_--_their_favorite_restaurants_overlays_matched_perfectly.html

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Deirdre Walsh said...

Hil -- First of all, way to use the Web 2.0 lingo! For your next issue of Web Favs check out Mashable!, today it features Trippert - A Blogger for Travel Experts as well as the top 10 Google Map Mashups! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home